Home   Help Map Search FAQ Login Register  
August 31, 2014, 05:24:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: http://www.threeaonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=2769.0 by your presence on this board, you agree with these rules and understand that if you fail to comply, you will be banned.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: June 2011  (Read 60602 times)
Gimbat
3A staff
Yesterday Kid

Have 3A related question? Hit me up!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 05:17:53 AM »

Ted Adams decided to show us advanced copies of Popbot BBB (125$) and Fat Tarino (100$), both books are strictly limited to 500 copies and will sell out soon! Checkout IDW store right one if you want them, there is SDCC pickup and shipping options.

And finally reminder from Ashley, what you need to do if you bought Popbot BBB and/or Fat Tarino and visiting SDCC 2011:
Dont forget, bring by the fat or pop at the 3A tables in the IDW compound for scribbles and signatures.

Popbot BBB and Fat Tarino are really heavy! Here is a funny sticker made by DanLTaylor (from twitter):

Ashley commenting about this sticker:
an awesome label.
thats should be a sticker on the book...

For all those who waited, mysterious Popbot TK Oyaloper (sold out) finally revealed. This figure was surprise, during TK Wasabi sale. He comes with an RPG as well.

SDCC 2011 map can be checked here:
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_exhib_1.php
3A will be with IDW, so our booth is 2643

Ashley about Popbot movie stills:
he motion looks better, so much work for 30 seconds !

Answering on very frequent question, whether 125$ is a price for WWR Grunt + Square prior to 3AA members 15% discount? YES it is!
always before, since 3AA started, or how would you know your discount ?
Ashley about buying limits:
a joke, but one one, and you cant lose ! - I think he meant there: a joke, buy one, and you can't lose

Explaining why the price is so low:
its our tip of the hat to 3AA!
If you ask me, 125$ prior to 3AA discount, with worldwide shipping for MK2 Square and Grunt is insane! And Grunt comes with all kinds of awesome stuff...damn, that's a STEAL!

After Jungle Vet Ankou was introduced, there is a question whether we will see Ankou EX (big Ankou) in the same colorway:
Junglevet is a hunting club, hunts all sorts of shit, and yes it made up of all sorts, Military EX as well !

More info and details about Jungle Vets:
basically a bunch of guys with uber skill and nothing to do, so they pick hard targets for fun
Is the double chevron on its chest meaning insignia for Corporal, or is it just a design?
thats was his rank in da armed service.

Question about retail Tommy Mission shoes color:
nah, just burnt out due to levels, they are red

Repeating of what we already heard (about Popbot BBB) and interesting information about Popbot 9:
Popbot BBB, is there new art in it? Or is it simply a reprint but bigger?
its all the Popbot books so far, nothing is simply ever just a reprint either.
When we will see Popbot 9?
with the film popbot 9 will take longer than the long normal wait. I want to start at one again, the end of 8, is really the start

Couple of cool pics by our boardies: Bertie MK3 by cocobat , Men from N.O.M cosplay by stored high in transit and touched by amazing hands of zzzzz , TQ by zelevol, collection shots by raphmeister and ALL (except DW) Berties MK3 by thevinyladdict

14 entries so far in Five Guaranteed Brillo Squares opportunities, do you really want to make judging process for eseffinga and me that easy? Common guys, deadline - July 8th, 8:00 AM HK time, still some time left!

According to Ashley, 3AA members will have 24 hours buying window during WWR Grunt Doc sale:

Latest painting from Ashleys's blog with some text from the blog:
Ol Rocky
There are not many characters I want to draw or paint beyond my own anymore, but the Rocketeer is one of those. Here is a shot of the prelim for the final painting, though I gotta say I dig this, so I might finish it off. A tip of the hat to Scott Dunbier for turning the screws !

I love your Rocketeer painting. Is it going to be used in the future IDW issues?
he next one going to print. im flattered to be in it !

We have a name for next Popbot 7 Bones member and it is:
Tecji SHOGUN !

Ashley answering about location of the painting, which can be seen bellow:

its hanging just behind where I sit typing !

Ashley about what kind of designers 3A looking for:
mainly designers, concept artists, genius,the good stuff etc but ill always check stuff out, who knows what will come of it !

Remember very popular 3A Japanese exclusive retailer - Goodsmile , JDF colorway? Droploth and Square in 1/6th, to be specific? Now the popular colorway strikes back, WWRp Damn Large Martin and his partner - The Square!

Where and when? Contact Goodsmile and demand some info:
http://www.goodsmile.info/

Here are the entries which were made by our talented boardies, who are competing for 3A and Toy Tokyo  SDCC exclusive - Brillo Square , guaranteed buying opportunities:

authors (not in particular order): dextercat, Drftdrgn21, BRiZL, doomBEATBOX, dtrain, Devours, moonchie, konfucious, simple123, sillyada, Wooly, supershallow, mrmunk71, gregory, 666ways2love, Tonga Tom, Mokushiki, castortroy, crestone, crem, ALH8422, randomman, dong32117, sloan, turbotuff, RobbieXeff

Thank you all for your entries! I made special album and you can check them all here:
http://gimbat.imgur.com/KU0KM - with captions! I'll announce the winners tonight (my time).

Four sketches were picked and they are by Drftdrgn21, Tonga Tom, sloan and crem , my sincere congratulations! Huge THANK YOU goes to everyone who contributed and sacrificed their time to make the sketches.

Currently only one guaranteed Brillo Square buying opportunity remains vacant, I will give it to any person who is going to SDCC (and who already haven't been picked n the raffle or sketch competition) and will fulfill first a simple task, which will be announced in this thread at random time, so please keep an eye on my updates column.

M+M 2nd printing been already seen in different places, here is a photo by Darthgothikus

Ashley discussing on twitter LIVE about new Zombie versus Everything comic:
mtv comic blog thingy voted ZvR 5th best Zombie comic. I wanna do Zombies vs Everything now !
Zombies vs MTV?
yea,that would be a short fight... cough EVERYTHING
I'm still waiting for Zombies vs merman!
lucky for you I had a moment of clarity~
I say we do ZvE with Wray on layouts !
I just informed Wray he is on bard. ZvE best title ever, im sure you can bring the Ryall.. One merman appearance !
one, Wray is the best, I think us 3together we can do an epic story. Plus with his help it might come out this year !

So currently we know that Chris Ryall and Wray are on board as well, here Ashley is starting to talk about the format:
it should just be a euro size graphic novel, not messing around with flimsy's !
no i wanna see a goldfish fighting a zomb, a kitchen sink smashing its face in. EVERYTHING
maybe we can do some painted pages for it - about Bill Wray joining the team
already have it in mind, Ted is on board, he has good taste, right Ted....
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 12:16:48 PM by Gimbat » Logged

Gimbat
3A staff
Yesterday Kid

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 08:39:44 AM »

Guys, what do you think , should I prolong voting for four Bertie MK3 in 1/12th colorways for few more days? With all the SDCC excitement, the voting was a bit lost..

Question about Penumbra character:
Penumbra.. who is she? Little Shadow Variant? A sibling of hers?
all will be revealed

Updates from Ashley's blog:
UPDATE, I have scrapped this image ( it's on the floor now ), no one needs another shot of Rocky and a lady, Stevens owned that world, so I have changed tack, might not resonate so much with some my new idea, but I prefer it ! !

Zombies versus Everything promo? Already excited about this comic!
Sometime in the future!
And thanks to Tom Muller for the awesome Nagasaki font !

Couple of interesting pics from 3A toys photo section, by feelgreen (Labradors), wwwetworks (Tommy and Zomb) and crem (Lil Square)

Small clarification, in case you are lost with two sales so close together. WWR Doc Grunt will be on sale on July 14th, 9:00 AM Hong-Kong time and 24 hours later Prom Night Disagreement aka Severed Foot will be on sale, that is - July 15th, 9:00 AM Hong-Kong time.
Here is a time of Prom Night Disagreement sale for different time zones:
http://timeanddate.com/s/22rz
I haven't made one for Grunt, since it's exactly 24 hours earlier (than Severed foot sale, July 14th 9:00 AM HK time) and for 3AA members.

One of our boardies and 3A retailer in UK - breakersrevenge is having a booth at London Film and Comic Con, here are few photos of 3A goodness by tigerfeet

Remember an awesome jacket we saw a while ago? Here is how it looks on Penumbra! Damn...I freaking love this retail version of Little Shadow! DO WANT IT and MUST HAVE IT now! I must say that this year retail Adventure Kartel figures are getting lots of love this year.

Exciting stuff about Ashley Wood presence at SDCC 2011:
Friday, July 22nd:
4:30-5:30 Art of Design— It's in every book, comic, magazine, movie, TV show, action figure package, and everything else we see each day. Good design is often invisible, but this panel of experts talk about the art of design and how it relates to comics in particular. Noted designer Chip Kidd (Shazam! The Golden Age of the World's Mightiest Mortal) talks with Mark Chiarello (DC Comics editorial art director), Art Directors Hall of Fame member Seymour Chwast, magazine and movie designer Michael Gross (National Lampoon, Ghostbusters), artist and designer Ashley Wood (Popbot, Robots vs. Zombies), and comics historian and designer Craig Yoe (Amazing 3-D Comics, Barks Bear Book). Room 24ABC
Sunday, July 24th:
12:30-1:30 Spotlight on Ashley Wood— Ted Adams, IDW's CEO/publisher engages in a lively discussion with Comic-Con special guest Ashley Wood. Learn about Wood's long comic book career and his toy company, 3A Toys, as well as his artistic plans for the future, in this one-on-one interview and Q&A session. Room 8
2:00-3:00 Cover Story: The Art of the Cover— Comic-Con's annual Cover Story panel explores what it takes to make a great cover. This year, moderator Mark Evanier talks to special guests Ernie Chan (known for his incredible run of DC covers in the 1970s), Jo Chen (Buffy the Vampire Slayer covers for Dark Horse), Alan Davis (numerous covers for Marvel), Dave Gibbons (his groundbreaking Watchmen covers integrated the cover with the story inside), Jeff Smith (Bone, RASL), and Ashley Wood (Popbot, World War Robot, Zombies vs. Robots) about their cover work and what makes a great cover. Room 25ABC

Source:
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci11_prog_thu.php

Ashley commenting on a thought of all Adventure Kartel characters on one poster:
they dont like each other, its war, regardless of allies !

Could 1G WWR Medic Armstrong drop this week as well? 3A always full with surprises

Challenge details to get last guaranteed Brillo Square buying opportunity:
who can participate - everyone who goes to SDCC 2011 and haven't been picked in the raffle or in sketch contest
what you need to do - 1) you need to do quick video, where you holding 3A figure or there is 3A figure in the frame , any 3A fig will do, if you don't have any, you show the pic of your fav. figure
2) you need to say few words about 3A, ToyTokyo and Brillo Square
who will win - first person, who will do it right
where to host it - youtube, vimeo, you chose...just put "3A & ToyTokyo Brillo Squaro" or something close to that in the title.
where to put links on the forum - http://www.threeaonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=1600.0
Let me know if you have any question and let the best man win!

Update, Turbotuff was first to do it and here is his video:

In case you are wondering why he is breathing like Darth Vader, here is the explanation: He read my humble column on the mobile device and was running all the way home to upload it.
Now, all the Brillo Squares buying opportunities are gone, it was wild and fun ride: raffle , sketches and now this. Want to thank everyone who participated, Toy Tokyo for giving me an opportunity to do that. A bit sad that I couldn't make everyone happy, but it's life and there would be more Squares at SDCC...Lev told me that they are still don't have final price on their hands, but in case you are wondering how high it would be , based on what he told me , it should be much lower than 100$. I don't want to run ahead of TT train, so forgive me this approximate spread.

Ashley answering whether we will see WWR 1G Medic Armstrong for sale this week:
for the none 3AA only
I would wait for final confirmation (as we all know how Ash jokes and answers can be misinterpreted) before jumping to the conclusions.

Interesting announcement:
Just Finished my latest 12" release, Wastelands are preferential to Acceptance. in the bamba one day...
Providing a bit more details about this:
no detail to give, but there isnt a drawing in it, or painting. and a content advisory would be probably needed

About Prom Night Disagreement sale (July 15th, 9:00 AM HK time):
yes the foot will make you emo, as its limited, its a Ashley Wood thing, not a general toy release by 3A. so emo away !

There will be SDCC t-shirts for sale, you might have seen few of them a while ago:

^and I'm not saying that these will be exact SDCC 2011 t-shirts

buy a shirt at sdcc, refill the container with shampooo
T-shirt freight containers?
contianer , i dunno, only new tee's forsale !
Will the t-shirts be offered online as well?
dunno yet, not my dept

And like I said, of course it was a joke (Medic Armstrong only for non-3AA)
that was a joke, the army is for anyone !

Ashley concerned that his flight might get cancelled:
well out national airline qantas are threatening strikes next week, so I might not be coming after all ! Please Mr Qantas, for the comics
dude, im not, its freaking me out, do we know anyone with a private plane ?

Confirming that super limited APTK YO 4pack is for 3AA members only:
no, that is true

A bit of details about severed foot, for those who are in doubt and newsletter with all the details goes out today (you can signup here, if you already haven't)
this foot (shoe + foot design) will never be released again, the next is different, only pink is offered.
About price and how limited it is:
i know both, the newsletter goes out today, all the info is in it. But its a small run, coz it wouldn't be right any other way !
On taking one to SDCC for display:
i was gonna, but not now, coz nothingwe take will make it make back in one piece, and these are special!

To remind you WWR Medic Grunt 3AA sale starts on July 14th 9:00AM Hong-Kong time and Prom Night Disagreement aka Severed Foot 24 hours later on July 15th 9:00AM Hong-Kong time, both will take place at www.bambalandstore.com

With less than 24 hours before WWR Medic Grunt 3AA sale starts, it's time to open the F5 Bar and Grill!
Please join us in the bar and have some good time:
http://www.threeaonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=1603.0
Don't know what F5 Bar and Grill is and you never been in one? Here is the info:
During release nights in the thread dedicated to the release (both this time - as Medic Grunt will share the bar with Severed Foot), only serious questions/problems can be posted. Everything else would be deleted by us, the Mods. This is done, to get rid of all the nonsense and help to people, who have some serious questions and problems about the release. The thread where you can make relatively on topic friendly chat or go insane during the releases would be called F5 Bar and Grill, under Release night board's category. The thread is going to be unlocked 24 hours before the sale takes place and that's any minute now, and will be locked, after the figure is going to be removed from the store and I will give you some time to vent and share the excitement about the sale . Have fun there, but don't forget basic rules and maintaining positive vibes of our beloved 3A board. Since F5 Bar during the sale is really crowded and grows like several pages in few minutes, all the essential sales info will be posted in the first opening post of the F5 thread and some of the essential info will be posted in WWR Grunt & Prom night disagreement threads. So before asking a question, please check the first page of the F5 bar for answers. You can always PM me (or other MODs) if you some questions and you don't want to post them publicly. And one more thing, bar is the only place on the board where it's okay to post your sketches featuring Ashley Wood characters or inspired by them, 'cause F5 Bar is a temporarily place and usually open only for 50 hours. Everywhere else such sketches are no-no, unless they are fully based on your own characters and not feature anything/anyone which resembles Ashley's Intellectual Property

Medic week newsletter is out and can be read here, quick copy&paste of the essentials:
Welcome to threeA medic week, which brings you the finest in 1/6th Medic WWR figures, Doc Grunt+Nurse Betsy Mk2 Square set and Medic Armstrong. But that's not all, this week also see's the release of the 1:1 Severed Foot, the first in a ongoing line of, er, severed feet and shoes by Ashley Wood.
What will these pieces of medical history cost you ask? Grunt+MK2 will put you back $125USD, the mighty Medical Armstrong will put you back $240USD, and the slight yet sinister Severed foot will seduce $100usd from your wallet. Of course all these prices include shipping around the world and are before any discounts! The Grunt+MK2 set is only for the Mighty 3AA Legion ( a 24 hour minimum ordering window is in effect from sale start ), the medical Armstrong is for all, but its limited, so it could vanish without notice! And the foot, well that is really limited, if you want one, be early!
Doc Grunt set and Armstrong available 14th July at 9-00am Hong Kong time and the Severed Foot is available 15th July at 9-00am Hong Kong time at the mighty Bambalandstore.com
3AA Members have a 24 hour period to order the Doc Grut+ Nurse Betsy MK2 set

I already fixed newsletter text (the one above), but newsletter you got has a tiny mistake:
newsletter said june for the Medic sale, but it is July. offender has been hung, drawn and quartered !

So for WWR Armstrong and Prom Night Disagreement it's first come, first served. 3AA members can buy a maximum of two WWR Medic Grunts

Carded AP Oyabun photo from Ashley's twitter (AP Oyabuns are sold out, as part of 3AA 2011 package), all Oyas will have the same card. As far as I know, 3AA packages are shipping out REALLY soon, sorry for the delay and thank you for your enormous patience:

Ashley about painting , which is used for the card:
the full painting is much wider ( 2 panels ) and has a full figure, im sure ill show it one day !
Commenting on card being Mecanno SW tribute:
paul you noticed !

Ashley about this rare Oya:
the 7th super rare colorway, DODGY OYA. Only one known to be in captivity !

About having more Oyas at SDCC and number of random Oyabuns:
6 then, these small details are of no concern to me ! coz im looking at other AP that would melt ya brain. better be at sdcc
becasue that might the one and only place ever to see them!

Cool pic from back in the day, featuring lots of AP Oyas and all APTKs

Popbot movie SDCC promo from Ashley's blog:

As we heard earlier it's free and I would bet some blood on it, that it has Popbot movie promo video on it!

First sketches from F5 Bar and Grill by our talented boardies (I will do the proper shootout in the end, when all the sketches will be up and bar closed):

Album:
http://gimbat.imgur.com/Z308E

Cool header art from Ashley blog, which will definitely raise your spirit and makes you smile:

WWR Medic Grunt and 1G Medic Armstrong go on sale in 11 hours from now, on July 14th 9:00 AM Hong-Kong time! Followed by Prom Night Disagreement on July 15th 9:00 AM Hong-Kong time.

Gimbat
3A staff
Yesterday Kid

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 09:28:12 PM »

July news can be read here
http://www.threeaonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=1605.0

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: